Tag: Regina Lyric Musical Theatre

Watch my magical, fantastical play-with-music, The Music Shoppe, on YouTube!

At the end of April, Regina Lyric Musical Theatre presented my fantastical play-with-music, The Music Shoppe, in four performances at the Shumiatcher Theatre in the MacKenzie Art Gallery. The response was fabulous–people loved it, gave it standing ovations, told me how much they’d enjoyed it, etc. However, only a limited number of people were able to see it …

Continue reading

“The Music Shoppe is what happens when a science-fiction author writes a musical”

The Music Shoppe, the play-with-music I wrote and am directing for Regina Lyric Musical Theatre, runs this coming week (April 25-28, 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday) at the Shumiatcher Theatre, Mackenzie Art Gallery..which means publicity is happening. Here’s the story from today’s Regina Leader Post. An excerpt: “(There’s a) mysterious mechanical pianist that can …

Continue reading

Rehearsals underway for new play-with-music, The Music Shoppe, which runs April 25-28

Rehearsals are well underway for The Music Shoppe, a new play-with-music I’ve written and am directing for Regina Lyric Musical Theatre. Ben Redant is the music director. The show runs April 25-28 at the Shumiatcher Theatre, MacKenzie Art Gallery. Show times are 7:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets will be on sale later …

Continue reading

Me as Lurch

I’m portraying Lurch in the Regina Lyric Musical Theatre production of The Addams Family musical, which opens tonight…I’m thinking maybe this should be my new author photo.  

Listen to an interview with me about my play As Time Goes By: A Love Story with Music and Ghosts

I’m in the midst of rehearsing As Time Goes By: A Love Story with Music and Ghosts, the play with music I wrote and am directing for Regina Lyric Musical Theatre (you can buy tickets on their website as well as at Bach & Beyond in the Golden Mile Centre). It’s a modern-day love story …

Continue reading

Tickets on sale for my play As Time Goes By: A Love Story with Music and Ghosts

Tickets are now on sale for my play-with-music, As Time Goes By: A Love Story with Music and Ghosts, featuring music from the ’30s and 40s found in the old house where I live that used to belong to my wife’s grandparents, and then to her parents (and indeed, we are dedicating the show to …

Continue reading

Regina Lyric Musical Theatre to produce my play this fall

Oh, look, I do still remember how to blog! It’s been a while, but, hey, April was the cruelest month, what with novel rewriting and family duties and let us not forget income tax. Oh, and I was also performing, in Regina Lyric Musical Theatre’s spring show, When You Wish Upon A Star: Music from …

Continue reading

I finish a play…and sing of Saskatchewan

As I’ve mentioned, I’ve been writing a play, tentatively titled The Piano Bench: A Love Story with Evening and Ghosts. Today I finished the draft script, which I’ll be passing on the fine folks at Regina Lyric Musical Theatre, which I hope will be staging the play (with me directing it) this fall. Since it’s …

Continue reading

Biddle-dee-diddle-dee-dee!

Well, that was fun. By “that,” I mean the process of getting this new computer up and running to my satisfaction. Yes, the new monitor arrived last week, and I spent a few happy (well, mostly happy) hours with plug-ins and cables and drives (oh, my!), losing hours of productivity in order to get a …

Continue reading

Sunset over Howe Sound, West Vancouver, B.C.

The Ninety-Nine Rule

Ever hear of the Ninety-Nine Rule? Formulated by Tom Cargill of Bell Labs, it goes like this: “The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.” Humorously, that adds up …

Continue reading

My poster for Regina Lyric Musical Theatre’s fall show

I’ve been designing posters for Regina Lyric Musical Theatre (previously Regina Lyric Light Opera) for years now. I enjoy it. It’s pretty much the only visually artistic thing I do these days, despite being an art minor in university. Here’s my poster for this fall’s production of The Times, They Are A-Changin’, a 1960s folk …

Continue reading

Tent Meeting featured in LeaderPost

No, I haven’t been blogging much. There’s the novel to rewrite and the Johnny Cash biography to proofread and Fine Lifestyles Regina editing duties to look after and…well, lots. Including directing and being part of the cast of Tent Meeting, Regina Lyric Musical Theatre‘s fall show, which opens next Tuesday, November 3, and runs through …

Continue reading

Easy AdSense Pro by Unreal